2011. április 30., szombat

Búvár Túrós - we may translate it as Dipper Cottage Cheese... Does it sound interesting? I'd say so!

Welcome again!

This is my 4th dessert, and I had a very hard time making up my mind of what to make! But, what are Grandmas for? They can help a lot! So, she advised me to make this particular dessert.
I used to love this when I was a child, and I never actually tried making it, so this is a first!

It should look like the picture below:





The ingredients are the following:
For the sponge:
- 1 and a half dl oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 25 dkg sugar
- 35 dkg flour
- 2 small 'kefir' which is a sort of yoghurt that contains yeast, which makes it a little sour. It originates from the Northern part of the Caucasus.
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda

For the cottage cheese:
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 packs of vanilla sugar
- 12 dkg 'Rama' margarine
- 2 tablespoons of sugar




Step 1:
- First, we need to butter and flour a bigger oven pan. And preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.





Step 2:
- We mix all the ingredients of the sponge together.


It should look like this, when mixed:


When that's done, we put it into the pan, and smoothen it, so it covers the bottom of the pan.

Step 3:
- We can turn to the cottage cheese!
- We need to mix the ingredients of the cottage cheese 'cream.'






It should look like this when mixed:

NO WORRIES, IT SHOULD LOOK SOMEWHAT YELLOW... :)

Step 4:
- We need to spread the cottage cheese over the sponge.It looks pretty random, and it should look like that. It reminded me of cows, and their patches. :)

Now, when this is all done, we should put it into the oven and bake it for about 15-20 minutes. Depending on your oven, and how it bakes. But don't let the cottage cheese turn dark, I mean don't burn it! 

When it's done, it should look like this! At least, mine turned out to be really good, I thought! :)





And now you can see why it's called 'dipper.' The cottage cheese went from the top to the bottom. :)
Fun, huh?
Just kidding, but I thought it was nice in a way. :) First, I didn't understand why it was given such a name.

And now it's done, so JÓ ÉTVÁGYAT as we would say Good Appetite! :)

Please give me some feedback if you try it, and tell me how it went! I hope you all liked it. ;)
It's easy and fast, done in about an hour or even less than that. Good luck!

1 megjegyzés: